Sunday, July 5, 2009

If it's Iowa there must be cows

So the backstory on these pictures - other than I'm not exactly sure how one travels to/through Iowa without leaving with pictures of a cow or a whole buffet for that matter...that's what groups of cows are referred to as, right, buffets? In any case, back to the backstory - relates to my obsession with the Jack in the Box "Mini Sirloin Burgers" ad that was in pretty heavy rotation in May/June.



It's not the Chipmunks style vocals or the little people cowboys that I especially enjoy (although both definitely have their benefits), but rather the "cows the size of Schnauzers, but they're cattle..." line and the tiny little cows.

So imagine my delight when driving across Iowa and out in the fields I SWEAR I saw cows the size of Shnauzers. Now some might say that it was road fatigue or even the three iced coffees and two cans Mountain Dew Amp'd that caused some sort of hallucination. I assume those critics live sad, lonely lives, the majority of which are consumed by posting secrets behind magician tricks on Internet message boards and telling small children at the mall that they can't be whatever they want when they grow up.

I myself, however, like Indiana Jones seeking the Arc of the Covenant was on a quest to capture a photo of the elusive Pigmy Cattle of Iowa. When we stopped at a rest area on the I-80, behind which was some ranch land where a cast of cattle grazed, I spied my prize. There amongst the swarm of cows stood motionless, a cow of small stature. Quietly chewing her cud, like a ninja with multiple stomachs, she stared at me as if to say, "Here I am, your Rocket Queen, I might be a little young, but honey I ain't naive." Or maybe that was the Guns n' Roses song playing in my headphones. Either way, I knew I had but mere moments to pull out my iPhone and capture this image, in order to prove the existence of this magical creature to the world. And so I did. The results of my quest are below. When I showed them to Michelle, she simply said, "Those are baby cows." She loves Fox's Breaking the Magicians' Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment